Friday, July 3, 2009

The Two Faces of Jimmie Johnson!

All we normally see of Jimmie Johnson is the Mr. Cool exterior that he portrays during interviews. Well those of us with Nascar.com's Trackpass got more than that on Saturday night.

During and after an altercation with the 6 of David Ragan, Jimmie let his darker side out of the box. Understandibly angry with David after being ran into, JJ let loose a flurry of expletives and threats. At one point he was so angry he was unintelligible. There was also talk of ripping his MFing head off. When told that Ragan hit the wall after hitting the 48, Jimmie replied " Good for that MFer"

Lest all you 48 fans think I am bashing Mr Johnson for this outburst. Please refrain from attacking me. I found it refreshing that Jimmie has this mean streak. Its nice to see him show that emotion. I am sure he has these outburst from time to time. Its to be expected from all the drivers. It was just the first time I ever heard it from him.

Just so everyone doesn't think I am getting all cozy with the 48 and the HMS crew, I do have a few other revelations learned from listening to the highlights of Johnson in-car audio.

I think Chad Knaus, in addition to being a top notch crewchief, would also make a great Lamaze coach. I counted atleast 3 times were he told JJ to "calm down and take a deep breath". It was quite funny.

The quote of the night from the 48 in-car however was during the stop in which Kevin Harvick helped Jimmie park his car at a 90' angle to the wall. After getting the car pointed the right direction, Jimmy said " @#%& What did we do to deserve all this". Then I thought I heard him ask for a tissue. Well just kidding about the tissue part.

Anyway just some insights from the 48 in-car radio, some I were impressed with, others well lets just say I got a good laugh.

Seriously though, I am not a paid shill for that service, but it does add a little flavor to just watching the races. It usually gets a little behind due to buffering, but it is uncensored and great entertainment. I recommend it highly, you can get great insight into your favorite driver and his team.

No comments:

Post a Comment