Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Random Thoughts on Nascar!

The last few weeks in Nascar has been quite entertaining, yet difficult for me to watch. With the last races being on Monday. I missed both of them. I forgot to DVR the Pocono race and the relative I relied on to set the DVR this past Monday, got ESPN and ESPN2 confused. I look forward to finally watching The Glen race when I get home tonight. I hope I am taping the Speed channel replay. Keep your fingers crossed.

Anyway, enough catch up. Most of these thoughts have already been blogged and discussed, but I will still put my 2 cents in.

* I don't think JPM was speeding at Indy. A guy with a 6 second lead isn't pushing it on the last stop. Add the fact that he wasn't busted earlier in the race, and was "supposedly" hitting the same light on the tach each stop. Sounds fishy to me. All Nascar has to do is show teams the speeds in real time, so they can adjust after the first stop. If it was really a Safety issue, not a way to Nascar to "shuffle the cards" then they would provide them teams the info.

* The one Pocono race I miss and its exciting. Whats up with that?

* Thumbs up for Denny winning the race! Thumbs down for Denny for driving over top of the 00 and spinning him into the 47! Thumbs up for Denny apologizing and taking blame for being a little hasty in getting back to the front.

@$#%%^ What the &^% is up with Robby Gordon?? As most of you guys and gals know, I really don't like RG. I think he makes Paul Menard look like a top 10 caliber driver.
Maybe the last two weeks will open the eyes of the rest of the racing community. Not only did he retaliate against Stremme for no reason at Pocono, but the crap he pulled with Logano at the Glen really irritated me. First trying to spin him and flattening his own tire, then coming back out and finishing the job under caution. Wiping out a rookie and turning his car into a flaming ball. What a way to show your lack of driving skill and intelligence.
I think RG would be better off pulling a Waltrip and retiring and putting somebody else in that car. When so many other teams are struggling to find sponsors, Robby seems to be going out of his way to run his off.

* Nascar should have parked him for the Cup race at The Glen.

* Smoke continues having a great year. You think if he wins the Championship, that Rick Hendrick will get to sit up at the owners table with him???

* Great weekend at the Glen for the Aussie!! I read somewhere that Marcos is pronounced Marcus in the Outback. (Is this true Tez??) if so somebody should tell everyone!

* I loved the dive bomb move during the Nationwide race! I think what po'ed Kyle the most, was that somebody used one of his moves to pass him. Although not the safest pass I ever saw, I didn't think it was dirty.

* Speaking of Kyle. It looks like all the media lambasting has finally worked. He seemed rather subdued in his interviews, almost like a puppy that has been hit with a shoe to many times. Too Bad!! I didn't always agree with the things he said, or how he said them. But it made the interviews more interesting to watch. Now he may as well just be another Drivertron 3000 spouting sponsors.

I am sure I am forgetting some other stuff. I may have to make additions after finally seeing the Watkins Glen race.

9 comments:

  1. I seriously doubt you'll see Rick at the table if Tony wins the Championship. After all, Jeffie owns Jimmie's car, and he's been sitting on the floor the past three years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Joe Gibbs had a long talk with that boy! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stork.... all great points and I agree with most except I doubt JPM was not speeding. NASCAR even gave the MPHs. One time he was .011 over the limit. If NASCAR was going to lie about it don't you think they would have made it higher than that? More importantly if the #88 had a 6 second lead and was .011 over the limit would anyone have ever known about it?

    More excitement in the last 40 laps at Pocono than in the last 40 years there combined.

    Agree with SB....Rick will just be overhead pulling the strings as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good wrap up. Yep.Robbie G. needs his wings clipped before he hurts some one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Stuff! Total bummer having the wrong channel taped. At least you got like three hours of SportsCenter. lol.
    Never have like Robby as a driver, and you have to be really bad to make Menard look top 10 caliber.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good rant review of the last few races stork.

    I loved that Ambrose blew by Kyle, but I dont think it was b/c Kyle thought he stole one of his moves...no way could Kyle pass someone that cleanly!!! LMAO!! =p

    Don't know what to say about Robby. I used to hate him then saw him on Drivers 360 or whatever that show was and really liked him, now hatin him again...

    Gotta find you on twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeff Gordon is part owner of the 48 so he gets some thing out of Jimmie winning the championships. Now they hit Denny Hamlin 4 speeding and he only had 3 pit stalls to the line to go too fast?

    Yes Hanahan Dale Jr only gets nab by nascar when its open for everyone to see him break a rule anything else they let him go on cause he is Dale Jr. NASCAR GIVES THEM .005 OVER and thats it, so he was going .006 with the .005 they alowed = .011. Its one of those new rules for safty but should get a warning first when its little and not cost a race win.

    Sorry to hear you miss the races live, Lets hope they do something with lights at tracks or move more races to Saturday and run the Nationwide races on Sunday.

    Cheers2You

    ReplyDelete
  8. F2....NASCAR gives them 5.0 MPH over. If the limit is 55MPH, They get 60MPH without a penalty. JPM was at 60.011MPH. Straight off NASCAR's time sheets...for what that's worth. LOL

    Jr would have to be LEADING a race not to be penalized....I guess we'll never know...lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for all the comments guys and gals. I finally got to finish watching the Glen race yesterday ( had half a day off)

    realistically I am sure JPM was the .011 fast. It just seems Nascar should post those numbers for the teams (atleast) so they can know if they are close or not.

    If safety truly was the issue, they would do something more drastic. I think I will write a post on this subject.

    ReplyDelete